Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Boys Bedroom Makeover

My four year old's room desperately needed a make-over from its' toddler status. It has finally more or less come together, although I am never completely happy with any room (that's the wanna-be-designer in me) What matters is he loves his new decor and I had loads of fun piecing it together. My favourite part by far are the stripes. I got the idea from a fabulous on-line magazine called lonnymag.com. It was a labor of love and well worth it. Enjoy the pics!


The bed frame was a local antique store find at a steal of deal (129$), lights and bedside table are from Ikea.

Like every four year old, my son believes he is a super-hero so the sign above his bed is quite well suited. 

This little table was another antique store find, I love the red.

The pendant was an e-bay find, really gives the room a unique vibe.


The knitted floor poof was an etsy buy and the dresser came from my husband's childhood, got an uplift with a couple coats of fresh paint and some new hardware to match the side table.

This fun print was from Ikea as well, I love the colours.

These wall lights were so cheap, easy to install and make for great story time reading.




It's all about the special little touches, I say these words to my little man every night when I tuck him in so it was the perfect accessory for his room.


Hope you enjoyed the post, sweet dreams to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment